Tuesday, January 14, 2014

First Impression: New Maybelline Volum'Express "The Rocket" Mascara!

There was once a time that I had such long, thick lashes, they would always bat against my sunglasses...and I would trim them! I know, I know, and trust me I have smacked my self for you! Now I gaze at the lashes of my young daughters with envy.

Because I lack magazine worthy lashes, Mascara is the one artesian tool that I use pretty much daily.  I've paid mere dollars, and I've also paid absurd amounts towards the promise of lush lashes.
No matter what the cost, some clump, some crust, some burn, and some cause ugly raccoon eyes after only a few hours of wear..even if they boast "long wear", and "Waterproof"!
Because of all of that,I am constantly on the lookout for a good product. That is what lead me to pick up this product while at the drugstore running errands.

I was immediately drawn to the colours and the packaging (I'm a sucker for all things pretty, and for marketing) of Maybelline Volum'Express "The Rocket " Mascara. It boasts an efficient brush that delivers 8x the volume in one coat, and clump free preciseness. It has a firm core of the brush, with flexible silicone bristles.

I tore into the packaging and tried it for the first time ever ( you can watch that and my initial first impression here^^^^^^^ ).

Immediately I saw length, definition and the volume that it boasts.  There are no clumps, it doesn't burn my eyes, so far there is no under eye fallout AND I feel that I have lashes worthy of comparing to my daughters.  The only thing I dislike is the stoutness of the brush itself. I have small eyes and stubborn lashes so I find that using stout brushes gives me an almost clumsy application.

All in all though,this mascara is my new favourite, and tops my Makeup Forever "smokey lash".  I paid $ 8.99 CAD at my local drug store.  If you are looking for a new mascara to tuck into your daily makeup bag-I recommend giving this one a try!

'til next time,

Xo




1 comment:

  1. I used this mascara and it is really a great product as it increases length, definition and the volume of your lashes.
    Anti-Aging Treatment by Revitol :)

    ReplyDelete