Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Dewy Winter Foundation Routine!

Seasons come and go, and so should your skin care and makeup regimens. I have combination skin, but I find that as I am aging, it is very dry in the cold northern winters we experience year after year.  In the heat of summer, I find that it is more oily, and thus, I can not use the same products on my face all year round.

This is my current winter foundation routine, some products are new, and some I have been using for a while and absolutely love the quality of all of them. You can purchase them all from Sephora, and I highly recommend getting a skin colourIQ done while you are there!  Its so innovative and you are sure to find your perfect match in foundation as it colour codes your skin tone via photo technology.  You are presented with a few perfect matches and it saves the info on your Beauty Insider card! Great for when your skin tone adjusts in these winter months, or when you tan (self or otherwise).

    Left to right in order of application on a freshly cleansed and toned face:
  1) Josie Maran Argan Oil (light), 2) Caudalie Intense Moisture (sample pot), 3) Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Repair Eye Serum 4) Laura Mercier Foundation Primer (Radiance) 5) Clinique Even Better Makeup (shade 02 Fair) 6) NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (shade light 2 vanilla)



1) This oil is absolutely heavenly on the skin!  I have been using various oils on my face since autumn (Vitamin e and coconut) and I love the moisture and nourishing glow that they give.  This Argan oil in particular is a new favourite, and I will definitely be keeping it in stock. It absorbs almost instantly, immediately delivering a healthy, moisturized glow with no "sheen" or greasy residue.  There is no scent at all, so it is suitable for sensitive skin types. Paraben-free, natural ingredients, scent-free, gluten-free, vegan, and cruelty-free!

2)  The moisture this packs is indeed intense, and it is perfect for the harsh Canadian winter days we are facing this month (it's -42 with the windchill here today!).  The constant harsh changes skin goes through from bitter cold, to dry heat in the home can severly dry out even the most supple skin. I was introduced to this @ Sephora, and I love the natural scent it has, cool feeling it gives upon application, and the moisture it delivers all day.  Because it is so intense, I do not use it all of the time, only when I know I will be in and out for the day.  It is a great moisture barrier.

3) This eye serum is delightfully light, and packs bonus "pearlescent" radiance.  It absorbs well and leaves my eyes feeling refreshed and pampered.  I use this morning and night.

4) I have 2 holy grail primers that I love using, and this one is like a combination of the two!  It moisturizes, primes the skin in a lovely light application and gives a beautiful rose/gold radiance.  I use this everyday under my foundation for added glow, and also on its own for the days I'm just running errands or taking my oldest daughter to school. Love, love LOVE this product!

5)I have always been in love with Clinique's "Even Better" foundation with SPF 15. It is my go-to foundation for the drier months, I love the glow it gives to my skin and the complexion aiding benefits it packs. The added SPF protects skin from harsh wintery UV rays, and allows me to use a moisturiser that I love (with out that SPF smell).

6) I've always loved, and preferred MAC concealers, but this product from NARS is breaking that mould.  It is a beautifully light and creamy texture, hydrating, and delivers all of the multi skin benefiting and firming it boasts on the website.  I have fine creases under my eyes, and it is incredibly difficult to find a concealer that isn't "cakey", dry, too thick or sits and emphasizes fine creases and dry skin.  LOVE this and it has now replaced my beloved MAC mineralize concealer.


If you are interested in a tutorial on how I apply and blend the listed products, comment below and I may film a video on that in the next few days and have it up on myYouTube channel.

xo

3 comments:

  1. Laura M. primer is the best!!! Very good products, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing proper makeup is my habit and these products are really amazing to add in my habit. specially the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer life cell anti aging treatment is quite attractive for me. Magnificent post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this foundation and It's so innovative and you are sure to find your perfect match in foundation as it colour codes your skin tone via photo technology. Very nice.
    Anti Aging Cream From Revitol :)

    ReplyDelete