Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Body Shop Haul & Review

 'Tis the season to go shopping...but as a busy mother of two, I can not stand shopping at the mall anymore.  It's too busy, noisy, the kids want everything, and subsequently melt down over everything.  My days of therapeutic trips to the mall are long gone...for now anyways. In light of this, I have now honed the joy of online shopping (especially during the holidays).  I can shop in my pyjamas, with a glass of Shiraz in hand, and all of those pretty parcels get dropped right at my door step.   Ahhhh.

  My latest online shopping trip was to The Body Shop.  As a former "body shop girl", I would easily donate a healthy portion of my pay-cheques back to the company on a bi-weekly basis. Their products are amazing on so many levels (fair trade, paraben free, natural, and scrumptious!).
  I picked up a box full of goodies, on a site-wide 50% off sale. Some for christmas gifts, some to replenish my own bathroom and vanity stocks.

The Body Shop Online Haul & Review:

Satsuma Body Butter x2, Cranberry Joy Body Butter x2, Cranberry joy/pomegranate-raspberry/&satsuma fragrance oils, BB cream shade 02, Vitamin C Skin Boost, Shimmer cube palette 06, Shimmer Bauble, Ginger Sparkle Reed Diffuser, Chocomania Gift Cube, Cranberry Joy Gift Cube 

Satsuma has always been my favourite scent...you could call it a signature scent for me.  Friends smell it and they know I am not far away.  When I worked at The Body Shop, I would dream of bathing in a tub of Satsuma Body Butter. It smells amazing and the shea and cocoa butters and other nourishing ingredients leave my skin heavenly soft and fragrant all day long.  When the holidays come around, I LOVE getting my hands on Cranberry Joy...the scent makes my mouth water, so is it any wonder why I would buy it?  I use the home fragrance oils on my pulse points since they discontinued their perfume oils.  Just a drop and you will smell delicious all day and night.

I picked up the gift sets and diffuser as gifts.






The Vitamin C Boost serum...is a MUST have in my skincare and make-up routine.  It has a divine scent to it, radiant shimmer, and nourishes and corrects your skin instantly for a smooth texture and radiant glow!  I have dull skin, and larger pores, and I find that this product really works beautifully au natural after a good face wash AND under makeup as a primo primer.  I use it daily.





The Shimmer Bauble is something new to me.  It comes packaged in a "bauble" filled with little pearls of delightful radiance.  Dust your favourite highlighting brush over the pearls and highlight your face as you would anyother highlighter. It gives a beautiful glow and hint of gold to the face.  Great for any season as there are many coloured pearls, so they will enhance any skintone, season or makeup look!  Do be careful with it though, because of the ball shape, the pearls will roll out it it is disturbed...trust me, it is a pain to clean up!( Limited Edition )






The All-In-One BB Cream is also a new product for me.  It is colour adapting so if you choose one of the 4 shades in your skin tone category you should be ok. That being said, do not apply too soon after exfoliating.  I noticed that when I don't wait long enough for the redness to subside, this product will pull more "pinky" on my olive skin.  I use it on top of my Vitamin C Boost, but also alone when I am in a rush with the children.  It glides on like butter, has a light rose petal scent, and leaves a dewy finish...beautiful!  I will definitely be buying this again.











The Shimmer Cubes palette #06 is my go-to eyeshadow, and has been since I worked at The Body Shop a few years ago.  The colours are beautifully iridescent, but build perfectly for a more dramatic look.  They blend flawlwssly, add perfect dimension and will make any novice look like a pro with application.  They last forever too! You get a sugar cube worth of each, not just served in a shallow pan.  I can't stress enough how much I LOVE these shades!




Here is a simple date night  makeup look that I created using all of the above products.
I am working on two more review based blog posts for this week, if you are looking for more reading than reviews, check out my other blog @ naturallybymamavand.blogspot.ca , or click the links in my Social Media section for updates on Instagram and Twitter.

Until then, Happy Holidays, and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

xo

















1 comment:

  1. Best and different post. If you are looking for high-quality, attractive, and unique reed diffuser box with window for your product packing, you need to connect with the Sky Group of Companies that is the London based firm.

    ReplyDelete