Monday, March 26, 2012

Strike Gold! Bath and Body Works, True Blue Spa: Bronzing Self-Tanning Lotion

I had certainly never considered Bath and Body Works when it came to sun care, and when my eyes grazed over the tube of True Blue Spa: Bronzing Self-Tanning Lotion in Strike Gold ($16.00 CDN in store), I had to add it to my itinerary for the day.  I have never been a fan of self-tanning...I have always found it a smelly, orange catastrophe.  I can't stand the 'tanning' smell after effect that every other product I have tried left on my skin, and the orange/streaky cast that I had reminiscent of a certain "guidette" as a result.  In the past, I had no quarrels with hopping into a tanning bed...beat me over the head a million times with the health concerns, vanity and quick satisfaction always won in the past.  Alas, my developing second child held me back from that impulse, and the thought of going all summer pale and potbellied led to my purchase.

I tested out a small area on my hand, to test the consistency, and smell of course. The lotion is more of a gel, dark brown in colour with tiny gold flecks through out.  It has a light beachy scent to it, and blends incredibly well upon proper application.  It leaves an instant sheer glow so you can see where you're applying, and the maximum colour level develops by 4 hours. The lotion left absolutely NO streaks, and NO tanning smell!  I can apply it in the morning and head out for the day with no worries.  It gave me a beautiful, natural bronze; no orange streaky mess.  It is buildable, I applied it 2 days back to back and got the level of colour I wanted....not Jersey Shore dark, but a nice tone of olive bronze.  I'm sure if you were to consistently apply after showering for a week you'd have a deep, dark colour.  I will continue to use this product in lieu of sun beds in the future, the thought of approaching my 30's with terribly aged skin doesn't sit to well with me.

As with any self-tanner, or tanning in general, please be sure to apply to exfoliated skin post shower, and use a moisturiser.  I am loyal to The Body Shop's Body Butter 98% of the time, but use what ever works best for your skin and preference to maintain and develop a canvas to envy.


I also nabbed these candles on a BOGO deal for our new home to give it an alluring beach scented atmosphere.

The nesting phase of pregnancy + preparing to settle into a new environment= I should probably hide my wallet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment